Cupcake Duo


If I will be asked to describe the orientation of my taste buds, I know that it's more of savoury rather than sweet. But I'll definetely wouldn't say a sweet bite wouldn't entice me to some extent. Perhaps a little nibble would be enough to please my appetite. But with savoury goods, I tend to munch for more. I have a slightly higher threshold for a saltier tang. With my kids, I know it's the opposite. They would prefer sugary and chocolatey foodstuffs. Their weekend cravings put me into a more challenging task. I love to prepare sweet items but only those that require a simple mix, toss, layer, chill etc. I usually avoid baking. Apart from having an impression that it's too laborious to do, I know that baking is a culinary gem worthy to explore; but there are far more challenges in-store as you go along. However, for the love of those sweet requests from the little ones why shouldn't I dare? As follows, my weekend was spent romancing cupcake recipes in the kitchen. Because my library does not possess any cook book on baking, I went to the world wide web for some help. My online-research brought me to some interesting recipes. I just followed my sensory impulse in selecting the ones that are worth trying. With some modifications here and there; my initial attempts finally came into moulds, ready to be chomped by little mouths impatiently waiting to be pleased.
Chocolate Cupcake

What you need:
Cupcake:
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
3 medium sized eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup fresh milk

Chocolate Fudge Frosting:
2 chocolate blocks (2 oz.)
1/8 cup butter
1/2 cup fresh milk
1 cup sugar


How to make:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 175 C.
2. Mix flour, cocoa powder and baking soda in a bowl. Beat sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla in a mixer bowl.
3. Slowly add in flour mixture alternately with milk.
4. Put 2 teaspoonfuls of batter into a paper-lined muffin moulds.
5. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
6. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool before frosting.
7. Make the choco-fudge frosting. Mix all ingredients in a saucepan. Heat slowly until it boils briskly with constant stirring. Continue boiling until thick enough to spread onto the cupcakes. Remove from heat and add 4 tbsps butter and 1 tsp vanilla. Stir and spread immediately.
Banana Cupcake
What you need:
1/2 cup margarine
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 medium sized eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup fresh milk
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
How to Make:
1. Mix flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
2. Cream margarine and sugar in a mixer bowl. Add eggs, vanilla, banana and milk.
3. Add the flour mixture and blend until a smooth consistency is achieved.
4. Fill paper-lined muffin moulds with 2 teaspoonfuls of batter. Bake at 350 F for 15 - 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center.
5. Frost with butter-milk frosting (1/2 cup butter, 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar and 1/4 cup fresh milk heated in a saucepan until of spreading consistency).

Comments

Anonymous said…
It look's to good to be through I am definitely going to try this
Sherra said…
Hi Sorina,

thanks for being here... let me know the outcome when you do. Cheers!

Popular Posts