A much Missed Weekend Food Fare

I missed joining weekend herb blogging (WHB) conceptualized by Kalyn's Kitchen. It's been quite a long time since I last submitted an entry for this weekly activity of food bloggers globally. Today, I am more than delighted to rekindle my enthusiasm in joining this affair . One of the prime reasons why I linked to this culinary hobby is because I get to prepare dishes on weekends for my family to enjoy. It gives me inspiration to think of something new to stir in the kitchen. However, this entry may not be able to make it to the deadline for being uploaded quite late, but just the same I'm happy to share it with everyone. Last weekend, I cooked three dishes which I plated one on top of the other to present a complete meal. I had sauted spinach, fried tanguige with lemon-butter sauce and mashed potato. Spinach is one of my preferred plants that is packed with essential nutrients. Thus, I would like it to frequent our dining table. Tequila Joes Bar and Restaurant offers a good sauted spinach and mashed potato. These are among my favorites in their food list. But since the branch nearest to our place is no longer operating today, I have to realize my craving at home. Anyway, what could be more enjoyable than having our food consumed at the comfort of our homes? Sauted Spinach:
Sauté 1/4 kg of spinach in 2 tbsps olive oil, 4 cloves of minced garlic and 1 small onion, chopped. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Fried Tanguige with Lemon Butter Sauce:
Season the tanguige with salt and pepper. Pan-fry in olive oil.
Make the sauce. Mix 1/2 cup water, 1/3 cup sugar and lemon juice (from 1 fruit) in a bowl, set aside. Sauté 4 cloves of minced garlic in 2 tbsps olive oil. Add 3 tbsps butter and juice mixture. Simmer for a few minutes until the sauce thickens.

Mashed Potato:
Cook 2 large potatoes in boiling water. Puree it in a bowl. Add butter, salt and pepper to taste. Blend well. Adding fresh milk is also an option for a creamier taste.

Comments

Popular Posts