Presto Pasta Night # 69: Lemon Spaghetti

Similar to Weekend Herb Blogging, Presto Pasta Night by Ruth Daniels of Once Upon A Feast is one Food Blogging activity I also missed. I do heart Pasta or any noodles for that matter. A number of food posts on this blog will most likely prove that. Timely, one of my favorite celebrity chefs Giada de Laurentiis, inspired me with an invigorating pasta recipe last weekend. After watching the recent episode of her Everyday Italian, I was prompted to take out those luscious foods into our own table. I'm bringing one of them to Presto Pasta Night # 69 which will be graced by guest host Hillary of Chew on That. Here's Lemon Spaghetti everyone, please have some.
What particularly enticed me to try this recipe is it's simplicity. The preparation of the dish is pretty straightforward. Boil, chop, stir and blend! Before you know it, you're already savouring a mouthful of refreshing pasta with a zest!



What you need:

500 g pack spaghetti noodles, 1/2 cup lemon juice, 2/3 cups parmesan cheese, 2/3 cups olive oil, fresh basil leaves (chopped)

How to Prepare:

1. Cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water. Set aside.

2. Mix the rest of the ingredients in a bowl. Add pasta water and blend well.

3. Stir in cooked spaghetti noodles. Garnish with chopped basil leaves and some lemon zest. Enjoy with a gourmet bread on the side or any spicy dish to complement it with. Bon Apetito!

**You can also find this entry at Ruth Daniels' mouthwatering food blog - Once Upon A feast.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm sorry I didn't see this before I put the roundup together, but I have just added you in. Thanks for participating in Presto Pasta Nights!
Ruth Daniels said…
To me, this combo is more comforting than Mac 'n Cheese. I make it often.

Thanks for sharing with Presto pasta Nights.

Popular Posts