Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam Revisited (2014)

I'm happy to be back to this gastronomic city - Ho Chi Minh. And just like the previous visit, it was again an exciting one most especially for its delightful cuisine. Forget about the chaos and madness that the streets bring, (primarily attributed to its hundreds of busy motorbikes); because foods certainly made up for that about a hundred folds too.  
My favourite hotel in the heart of HCMC - Rex Hotel. Luck was on us on the day that we checked in because we were upgraded to a Governor's Suite. Look how spacious and serene the room was! 
First stop, is always the must have "perfect duo" - Beef Pho and Fresh Coconut Juice. This combo alone is more than enough to satisfy my wandering palate.



One of the great things that I appreciate about Vietnamese Cuisine is the abundance of soup dishes and hefty servings of vegetables and herbs. Truly healthy meal at its best!




Although Vietnamese food is not really known for very spicy stuffs, they do have their own concoction of hot sauces and condiments. These three are the most popular and widely acceptable.



My foodie find on this trip - an ice cream in a butter format. I don't know if its common, but it was my first time to have tried it and I was just amused with its shape yet delighted with its creamy taste.



Although local Vietnamese coffee is touted as one of the best in Asia and perhaps in the world, I was still ecstatic that finally Starbucks have opened two stores in the city. Must I dare say that at least in South East Asia, Vietnam has the best Starbucks coffee version. The coffee is smooth, has a distinct strong, likeable kick and very soothing mouth-feel. It's just totally different and better compared to other Asian countries' offering.






 




































I  won't mind having this busy view, so long as it's complemented with a perfect, warm cup of coffee.

Comments

Popular Posts