Fruit Layered Cake


The busy months (sometimes I coined it the monster months) have truly arrived. The last few days have been terribly busy for me that I've started to feel the stress enrobing me. So when I reached home yesterday, I thought of de-stressing through baking. Incidentally, there's this request from the little ones that I've yet to fulfill. After browsing through my favorite recipes, I've decided to make a Fruit Layered Cake. This is  a healthier alternative compared to the sinful ones.

What you need:
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup milk
250 ml whipping cream
fresh fruits - strawberries, blueberry, apple, orange
*double the amount for 2 cakes

How to make:
1. Beat the butter, sugar, and vanilla in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until pale and creamy.
2. Add the eggs one at a time, beating until just blended after each addition.
3. Combine the flour and baking powder in a medium bowl. With the mixer on low speed, gradually add the flour mixture, alternating with the milk. Spoon the batter into an 8-inch non stick springform pan.
4. Bake for 30 - 35 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
5. Leave to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack and let cool completely.
6. Whip the cream on high speed until it stands on peaks.
7. Spread whipped cream over the top of one cake and add some halved strawberries.
8. Add the 2nd cake and spread over enough amount of whipped cream. Top with fresh fruits.

Comments

Popular Posts