Mini Cheese Cakes

I still have a hang over from making a Cherry Oreo Cheese Cake for a colleague who just recently celebrated her birthday. Since the kids didn't have their share on that piece of indulgence, I promised them that I would make a separate one just for their own consumption. So I fulfilled that promise last night by making these truly scrumptious mini cheese cakes! I've been wanting for so long to have my hands on these heavenly goodies and the right timing just came in perfectly. I was in the mood to de-stress and celebrate for the coming of the weekend. As soon as I finished decorating these miniature cheese cakes, I can imagine another colleague exclaiming - "this is a moment in your lips, a lifetime in your hips" kind of taste. But, I would say a mini serving won't hurt a bit. So it's just right to occasionally reward ourselves with sinful yet more than satisfying sweet treats like this one.
 

I'm beginning to like cheese cake preparation more than the usual cakes. I realized that it's much simpler and more straight forward to prepare than the later. There are also less ingredients to weigh and mix. These mini cheese cakes are perfect for parties and gatherings. I'm sure kids and adults alike won't be able to resist its goodness. Just look how cute they are! Isn't it enough to entice a hungry appetite?  

Yield : 6 mini cheese cakes

What you need:
1 pack Philadelphia cream cheese, softened at room temp
1 tbsp butter, melted
1/3 cup Crushed graham crackers
1/4 cup plus 1/2 tsp caster sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg

For toppings:
Smuckers strawberry jam
fresh blue berries
fresh cherries
Nutella chocolate spread
chopped cashew nuts

How to make:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 325F.
2. Mix graham crackers with butter and 1/2 tsp sugar. Press onto paper lined muffin cups.
2. Beat cream cheese, remaining sugar and vanilla until blended well.
3. Add eggs just until blended. Do not over mix.
4. Pour over prepared crust.
5. Bake for 25 mins or until centers are almost set. Cool completely.
6. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
7. Decorate or top with whipped cream, chocolate spreads like nutella, fruit jams and jellies, nuts and fresh fruits.

Comments

Popular Posts