Celebrating Mother's Day 2013 (2 of 3 Parts) - Breakfast @ Sky On 57 Marina Bay Sands

Celebrating Mother's Day with a great family, good food and superb ambiance is definitely second to none. I couldn't ask for anything more. Sky On 57 is the perfect place for dreamy moment such as this. I've long heard about Chef Justin Quek's restaurant and although there were conflicting reviews about it, I think it's worth to give it a try. Hence, it was my top of mind choice for a place to dine on Mother's Day.
The breakfast spread at the restaurant features a combined buffet and specialty food concepts. There were the usual buffet stations for breakfast such as breads, fruits, salads, congees, cereals and a lot more. But the interesting ones were those special a la carte choices which are divided into Western and Asian Concepts. We had four of the most popular ones, and all were just a fitting choice for a gastronomic satisfaction. I wouldn't say that the dishes were extremely superb but rather, generally acceptable.
 Tonkotsu Ramen
 Eggs Benedict
 Croissants Croque-Madame - this was my favourite, I want to make it at home one day.
 French Toast with Marinated Wild Berries and Whipped Cream
 The bread section
 Cold Cuts
Aside from good food, I guess this is exactly what this restaurant is all about - relaxing ambiance and a stunning view. It was already my third time to visit the roof top of the Marina Bay Sands Hotel, but the view never ceases to amaze and calm. With the addition of Gardens by the Bay, this place undoubtedly provides a 360 degree experience of panoramic beauty.  

Comments

Popular Posts