Celebrating Mother's Day at The Line Restaurant, Shangrila Hotel














After countless calls to popular restaurants around the island, we ended up celebrating Mother's Day in The Line at Shangri-la Hotel along Orange Grove Rd. It was not my first choice as I heard mixed reviews about the buffet in this restaurant. However, those that I preferred were all fully booked and can hardly accomodate us. The restaurant was likewise full-packed when we arrived considering that we were booked on a second seating (1:30 pm - 3:00 pm). Oh well, this day must be really busy then for the celebration.

Of course there's an on-going promotion for moms...


The restaurant is well lit hence, it doesn't have a claustrophobic ambiance. However, it's still not spacious enough. The alleys are quite narrow that it's relatively difficult to move around hopping for food. 


As I passed by the meat carving station, my eyes caught this real big roasted lamb.

A number of appetizers to choose from..

One of my favorites, the noodle station..

 Fresh fruits although most of them are a bit bland.

The station that was a sure hit with the kids..

The champagne that was served on that day..

This was my seafood plate. I didn't try the oysters but generally, everything was just ok. The shrimp was juicy and fresh. 

This is what I enjoyed best - the desserts! The Line got a relatively wide array of selection to wash your appetite with sweets. Most of the baked goods are really nice. The texture and overall melange of flavors deliver well.

Overall, there's nothing extra special to shout about this buffet. I know it's considered one of the most popular buffets around town but it's not something that I will crave every now and then. It won't be a top of mind whenever I'm on a quest for a special place to dine. It was nice to try but relative to the price and the value of food you'll experience, this is definitely pricey. The mother's day lunch was valued at S$98++ per adult. If I would round up the worthy ones to try from the 16 culinary stations, that would be the noodle, cold seafood, dimsum and dessert stations. As for the rest, you can save the space for your other favorites.

The Line
Shangri-la Hotel
Lower Lobby, Tower Wing
22 Orange Grove Road, 258350, Singapore
(65) 6213 4275

Comments

Popular Posts