My Big Day is Coming!


I haven't been blogging for a long while. Other than the perennial procrastination, much can be attributed to the overwhelming life challenges that had come my way these past few weeks. Finally, I managed to re-surface from the water just in time for my upcoming big day. Thank you Lord for helping me realized that I am truly in countless ways, blessed. In just a little over a week, I will be celebrating my birthday for the thirthy third time. It's been more than 3 decades of existence for me. And indeed, life has been very good generally. I had my fair share of roller coaster rides but nothing has made me more grateful than living the life that I currently have. Elizabeth Gilbert shared it all well in her book EAT PRAY LOVE - "To find the balance you want, this is what you must become. You must keep your feet grounded so firmly on the earth that it's like you have four legs, instead of two. That way, you can stay in the world. But you must stop looking at the world through your head. You must look through your heart instead. That way, you will know God." There's no better direction in celebrating life than this and I would like to embrace it.
It's been a while now since I last celebrated my special day real grand. Much less when family nurturing became a very daunting task. This year, I made some effort to prepare for it simply because my heart knows that I deserved something different. So, I filed a vacation leave at work and sent my husband an invite (as of this writing, I'm assuming he hasn't read it yet) to celebrate my big day just the way we used to do.


It'll be my first time to sample Ritz Carlton's scrumptious banquet. I already heard a lot of good reviews and I can't wait to share my own account of the experience through the blog. Also, the towering Sands Sky Park is an equally intriguing experience to be had. I'll soon be back with the post on Our yet another Taste of Life...

Comments

Popular Posts