Jakarta in a Day


A hazy day in Jakarta...
  


The infamous traffic that made me panic whether I will make it to my return flight to Singapore or not. I prayed real hard and thank God I managed to reach the airport just in time for boarding!



After my experience from this trip, traffic in Jakarta is really beyond worse. It's highly unpredictable and terribly bad. I feel sad for the locals who have to endure two hours or more (on average) of traffic condition just to reach their destination on a daily basis. Too much waste of time and energy is an understatement for that.




A restaurant that has a catchy name - Deja Brew ( a play on the word deja vu).
Some of the local foods that my colleagues made me try from this restaurant:

 Rawon Surabaya - similar to the peranakan dish Ayam Buah Keluak

Sop Buntut - close to Bulalo or Nilaga of the Philippines



Ayam Bawang - best enjoyed with a squeeze of lime juice




Nasi Goreng Seafood - I surrendered from the hotness of the chili padis that were incorporated into the rice. How I wish my gastric tolerance can take it but my threshold is very low. So, sadly I passed on this one.




Rice with Tempeh, Salted Egg & Keripik

Except for its high level of hotness, I generally like Indonesian food. They love to use spices and this enhances the taste of the dish to a great extent. The abundance of soupy dish is also something to like about. The Sotos are amazing. For the adventurous foodie, Jakarta is a perfect place to let your palate explore. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Macaroni Salad with Cashew Nuts

Villa Gregoria Terrace Resort, Nagcarlan, Laguna

The myths and truths about INSTANT NOODLES… (Part 1 of 2)