2012 Christmas Eve Dinner

Christmas Eve Dinner preparation last year went completely different for me. It was a first of many kinds. From our Bangkok vacation, we went back to Singapore on the 24th of December. We touched down Changi Airport at 4:30 in the afternoon. Hence, that only gave me a few hours to prepare for our Christmas Eve Dinner or Noche Buena to most Filipinos. I gathered whatever physical energy was left of me to be able to whip up the entire menu. Yes, to make it happen amidst jetlag and all, it was mind over matter. And thank God, everything turned out well.
For this year's table setting, It's still the same traditional colours of red and green. I had Christmas party poppers which the kids loved. The menu consisted as usual, of the family members favourites and food requests.   
 
 
Shrimps, Mango and Avocado Salad 
Macaroni and Cheese Deluxe - recipe taken from the domestic goddess, Nigella Lawson no less
Due to time constraints, it was the first time that I combine some store-bought food items in my Christmas menu. This was one of them - Honey Roasted Chicken.  
Smoked Bratwurst Skewers
Ham & Cheese Crostini and Pepperoni Crostini

Vanilla Bundt Cake with Mixed Berries - my joy was over the top when this cake turned out just right. The texture was moist and decadent, just what I had hoped for.  


I hope you all had a wonderful holiday celebration with your loved ones! Cheers to more good food on the next holiday to come!

Comments

Popular Posts