Cinnamon Bread Pudding

It's been a while since a post on home made goodies or a dish recipe has been uploaded here. It's not because I'm no longer cooking at home nor have given up my enthusiasm on it (for that's certainly next to impossibility), but rather current circumstances prevented me from doing so. Hence, I'm glad to be able to share another recipe of one of my favorites again. Actually, this Cinnamon Bread Pudding recipe is not new in this blog. I've already posted it 2 years ago. However, I haven't made it since then much less since we relocated to Singapore. Also, I made some modifications on the recipe for a bigger serving and I used a different kind of bread.
Bread Pudding is usually prepared using stale breads. Personally though, I preferred the ones that are at least 1-2 days old. I don't fancy much the texture of the very old ones. To add more dimensions to the taste, other ingredients maybe added to it such as spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, etc.), flavors (vanilla, almond etc.) fruits and nuts. For this recipe (in the absence of "pandesal" type of bread in the Lion city), I used a combination of butter roll and hotdog buns. Texture wise, it came out acceptable.


Ingredients:

5 cups bread (broken into smaller pieces)
8 whole eggs
1 large can sweetened condensed milk
1 large can evaporated milk
1 tsp cinnamon powder
2/3 cup melted butter
1/3 cup granulated sugar

How to prepare:

1. Pre-heat the oven to 175 C.
2. Cream butter and sugar. Spread onto the bottom of a square baking pan. Set aside.
3. Mix in a bowl eggs, condensed milk, evaporated milk and cinnamon powder. Pour over the mixture to the bread in another container and soak for at least 30 minutes.
4. Add the soaked bread into the baking pan with the creamed butter. Put in the oven and bake for 45 minutes or until the crust turns golden brown.
5. Allow to cool and cut into single servings.

Comments

Popular Posts