MARINA BAY for an unforgettable Food, Nightscape and Fun


Marina Bay is currently the hottest spot in Singapore to unwind, dine, relax and have fun. So much are going on in this area. I was more than delighted to have made the right choice to celebrate my birthday in this sparkling place. On the whole, I indeed had a grand time.


My day started with a lunch buffet experience at Ritz Carlton Millenia. Inspired by some good reviews of the hotel's Green House Restaurant for its Asian Seafood Buffet, I decided to try it with my husband. Ritz Carlton for many years, has been well recognized for its high quality service. Rightfully so, the hotel delivers what it's been known of. Two thumbs up for the kind of service we received from its staff. The ambiance was likewise very private which was notable. Unfortunately, the same level of quality was hardly translated to the food. As I hopped from one food station to the next, more and more I was convinced that the element of freshness was not there. In terms of variety, the selection was enough. But quality wise, it's way below my expectations. Unfortunately, I don't think there will be a second time for us.


For our next stop, we headed to Sands Sky Park, the highest observation deck in Singapore at the moment. If you want to view the entire Lion City at your own pace, this is a good venue for that. Breathtaking, relaxing and astounding sceneries await visitors. It would be best to come in late afternoon to have both day and night views. I can't wait to spend the New year's Eve here. We're already booking soon!

To complete our Marina Bay experience, we tried the iLight Cruise - Asia's first Light Art Festival. It's a very calming outdoor acitivity to appreciate the beauty of Marina Bay's nightscape. It's a 30 minute boat ride filled with stunning 25 light art creations of international artists from all over the globe. This art technology was a sheer beauty at night!

We capped our night with a dinner experience at the RISE restaurant in Marina Bay Sands Hotel.

Overall ambiance, service, food selection and quality, all these got a pleasing nod from me. I specifically liked the cold seafood station and the dessert section. It was by far, another best buffet experience in the island. A classic ambrosial culinary treat is what RISE meant for me now and boy was I glad we stumbled upon it on my special day.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great post! I’m looking to make some changes in my own eating habits, so I appreciate your insight a lot! Thank you. I recently stumbled upon this blog like I did yours and I thought your readers may appreciate it: http://burisonthecouch.wordpress.com/2010/11/04/food-for-thought/

I’ve started to look for their stuff more regularly and I think I’m going to add your blog to my list as well. Thanks for the post!

-Amy

Popular Posts