Cereal Prawn

When we set foot to a new place or a new country, almost always we tend to search for the must haves. The must visit sights, the must eat foods and the must try experiences. Only, the order of priority varies from our individual preferences. If you are a gourmand like me, definitely food comes first. Foods in Singapore awake the adventurous cook in me. If the locals are known to be a well travelled lot they too are a well fed flock. Food abounds everywhere. If we narrow down the list of the must devour local signature dishes here, Cereal Prawns would definitely be on it. This famous dish is also a classic favorite from the finest dining area to the unpretentious hawker center. Thus, I didn't have any second thoughts in trying to cook it at home. I asked around and searched online for the typical recipe of the dish. I found out that there are a number of variations and ways of cooking it. And because I am no traditional cook, I tried to make my version at the shortest possible time. I was pleased to find an instant mix that helped me do so.


How to make: Wash, trim and slit open the prawns (500 g) to take out the inedible part. Season with salt, pepper and 1 tbsp sesame oil. Fry in canola oil until it turns pinkish red. Set aside. Melt butter in a heated wok, saute chopped garlic (3 cloves) and curry leaves (10 - 15 pcs) until fragrant. Add in cereal prawn instant mix and fried prawns. Stir-fry for a 1 - 2 minutes until well blended. Serve immediately.

Comments

Anonymous said…
where can i buy cereal prawn instant mix in philippines?

Popular Posts