Homestyle Yaki Udon

With so many ingredients available in the market for Asian Cuisine, I can now practically cook any thing I'm craving for especially when it comes to noodle dishes. I am in a noodle country by the way, so I think that supports this claim. Be it fresh, instant or dry, the possibilities are just endless. These past few days, I am into Udon noodles. Among the different noodle varieties, Udon has the most likeable texture attribute for me. It has a pleasing smooth, chewy bite that's truly enjoyable down to the last strand. My family's favorite dish for udon noodles is the one that's served stir-fry, the Yakiudon. This homestyle version is so easy to make. It doesn't speak of any sophistication at all yet there's something in its taste that's very pleasing to the palate.
How to make: Cook 250 g of pork (cut into bite size pieces) in water until all water evaporated and the pork is browned. Put to one side of the pan. Saute onion and garlic in 2 tbsps canola oil until fragrant. Combine with the pork and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add chopped vegetables (cabbage, carrots, red bell pepper) and stir-fry for a few minutes until vegetables are almost done. Add in Udon noodles (cooked in boiling water for 2 minutes and drained) and mix well for 2 - 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add tempura & noodle sauce to your desirable taste. Mix well and serve.
This is what I'm sharing with Presto Pasta Night happening right here at Our Taste of Life. Stay tuned!

Comments

Joanne said…
I love the texture of udon! What a simple and delicious pasta dish.
Joanne said…
i love the texture of udon! What a simple and delicious dish.

Popular Posts