PRESTO PASTA Night 25

It happened once again, I almost didn't make it to this Presto Pasta Night by Ruth Daniels of Once Upon A Feast. Why am I always beating the deadline huh? I think I really need to make some improvements on my blog hopping activity. Lucky me this time! I still had a day to prepare for my initial entry. This is another fun and exciting activities of food bloggers around. Each week, all pasta lovers are encouraged to submit a pasta dish of their own and share it with the rest of the blogging community. Ruth makes a wrap up on fridays so everyone can have something to relish on weekends. Being a big fan of Pasta, I simply can't pass on this one. By the way, Pasta here means all types of NOODLES. After checking what ingredients I've got in our pantry, I've decided to make this simple, popular Filipino-Chinese noodle dish called "Stir-fried Chow Mein Noodles". It is more commonly known in the Philippines as Pancit Canton.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Serves 4-5


Ingredients:
200 g pack Pancit Canton (Chow Mein Noodles)
250 g chicken breast, cut into strips
1 cup cabbage, chopped
1 small carrots, julienne
100 g green beans, cut in diagonals
1 cup chinese cabbage, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
6 cloves garlic, chopped
1/8 cup soy sauce
1 1/4 cups chicken broth or 1 chicken bouillon dissolved in 1 1/4 cups of water
3 hard boiled eggs, quartered
1 beaten egg
3 tbsps canola oil
salt and pepper to taste


Procedure:
1. Add canola oil in a heated wok. Saute onion, garlic and chicken.
2. Add all vegetables and saute for a few minutes. Set aside.
3. Bring water or chicken broth to a boil. Add soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add the noodles, stir-fry and cook.
5. Mix previously sauted vegetables and chicken.
6. Add beaten egg and continue stir-frying for 2 mins.
7. Transfer to a serving dish and top with hard boiled eggs.

Comments

Ruth Daniels said…
What a lovely dish. I can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights. Next week is the big six month celebration, I hope you can come to the party.
Sherra said…
Thanks so much Ruth! for including me in the round up of your Presto Pasta Night. It's really an honor. I'll be looking forward to the 6 month celebration. Cheers to more Pasta Nights!!!

Popular Posts