Beef Stew Noodles

The best tasting beef noodles that I had so far was that of Taiwan's Din Tai Fung. It was so good that consuming it is synonymous to a gustatory oblivion. Before you even know it, you're already down to your last slurp. Personally, my preference for a great tasting Beef Noodles be it stewed or braised goes for the rich, juicy, fatty and flavoursome type. In addition, soft and succulent beef chunks is prime. It's the heart and soul of this dish ergo, it should be as heavenly as possible. Fresh from my disappointment of Crystal Jade Kitchen's Beef Stew Dry Noodles, I was prompted to find another version that might be worth another attempt to try.

Fortunately, my quest found its success in one of Food Republic's stalls in 313 Somerset. The chewy -thick texture of the noodles gave an enjoyable nibble. The mixture of herbs and spices used (fried shallots, spring onion, coriander, celery) complemented each other. In short, everything in the dish (the soup, noodles, flavors and beef) is a complete delight to the palate. I'm sure I'll be coming back for more.

Comments

Popular Posts