TRIO MEAT MACARONI SPAGHETTI
Do you want to put some twist on your regular macaroni spaghetti? Are you looking for a kid friendly pasta recipe? This might be IT! I usually serve this pasta either as breakfast or snacks. My son loves this so much probably because it has the three "most requested" and kid loving meat ingredients - hotdogs, ham and longganisa. You can never go wrong with any of these in enticing your kids to eat.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serves 6 - 8
Serves 6 - 8
500 g elbow macaroni
750 g Italian spaghetti sauce
5 cloves garlic, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 cup hotdogs, cut in rounds
1 cup cooked ham, cut in squares
2 cups native longganisa, cut in rounds
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1 tbsp butter
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup water
2 tbsp canola oil
1. Add butter on a heated pan. Stir fry ham and hotdogs. Set aside.
2. Heat the canola oil on the same pan. Saute onion, garlic and longganisa for 2 - 3 minutes. Add the spaghetti sauce, water, salt and pepper to taste.
3. Allow to boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Cook the macaroni pasta according to package instructions and drain.
5. Mix the sauce with pasta and top with grated cheese.
For a creamier version, add condensed mushroom soup in step 2